Introduced by the Urban Redevelopment Authority, the pilot Business Improvement District (BID) programme aims for stakeholders to take on a more active role in transforming their precincts and activating the surrounding public spaces. Marina Bay is one of the nine participating precincts announced in 2018. Through the pilot BID programme, the Marina Bay stakeholders intend to activate public spaces and collectively organise unique events to inject more vibrancy into the precinct to cater for social and recreational needs of the communities, fulfilling their vision to emerge as the best integrated business, employment, lifestyle and recreational destination of choice.
The Marina Bay pilot Business Improvement District is participated by the following precinct stakeholders :
- One Raffles Quay : Hongkong Land, Keppel REIT and Suntec REIT
- Marina Bay Financial Centre :
- Towers 1 and 2 : Hongkong Land, Keppel REIT and Suntec REIT
- Tower 3 : Hongkong Land, Keppel REIT and DBS
- Marina One : M+S Pte. Ltd.
- OUE Bayfront : OUE Commercial REIT Management Pte. Ltd.
- The Fullerton Heritage : Sino Land Company Ltd.
The incorporation of the Marina Bay Alliance is currently in progress.
The Marina Bay pilot BID has engaged the property arm of Keppel Corporation, Keppel Land, to work collectively with the various stakeholders to drive the precinct’s overall objectives and to enhance the vibrancy and attractiveness of Marina Bay into an exciting district for its local precinct community, across Singapore and overseas visitors.